INVITATION FOR TENDERS FOR 2020 CAPITAL PROJECTS
FEDERAL COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE, AKURE
INVITATION FOR TENDERS FOR 2020 CAPITAL PROJECTS
The Federal Government of Nigeria has allocated funds to the Federal College of Agriculture, Akure in the 2020 Appropriation Act for the execution of Projects and Programmes towards achieving the mandate of the College.
Consequently, the College hereby invites interested contractors with proven relevant competence and experience to submit tenders for the execution of the projects listed in this advertisement:
2.0 PROJECTS DESCRIPTION
LOT 1 – Construction and equipping of two blocks of students hostels with provision of borehole water system and alternative power supply (solar power).
LOT 2- Rehabilitation and equipping of existing Agricultural research and development laboratories with provision of alternative power supply (solar power).
3.0 ELIGIBILITY/CAPABILITY CRITERIA
Submission of all the underlisted verifiable documents:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
- Company Audited Accounts for three (3) years (2017, 2018 & 2019)
- Evidence of Tax Clearance Certificate for three (3) years (2017, 2018 & 2019) expiring on 31st December, 2020
- Evidence of Financial Capability to execute the project by submission of reference letter from a reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of project when needed;
- Company Personnel profile- list of members of staff of the Company with the evidence of their academic and professional qualifications attached.
- Certificate of National Pension Commission (PENCOM) valid till 31st December, 2020
- Certificate of Compliance issued by the Industrial Training Fund (ITF) valid till 31st December, 2020.
- Evidence of current Nigerian Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2020.
- Evidence of Registration on National Database of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring 31/12/2020 or valid certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of Federal College of Agriculture, Akure or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars
- Verifiable and documentary evidence of at least , three (3) similar jobs executed within the last five (5) years including letters of awards, valuation certificate, job completion certificate and photographs of the projects and referral contact and telephone number.
- List of equipment to be used for the projects stating whether owned, to be hired or leased with evidence of ownership, lease agreement or hire for construction works.
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Compliance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Compliance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner)
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a covering/forwarding letter under the company/ firm’s letter-head paper bearing amongst others, the registration number as issued by the corporate Affairs commission (CAC), contact address, Telephone number (preferably GSM NO) and e-mail address. The letter head papers must bear the names and Nationalities of the Directors of the company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the Firm.
Packaging/presentation of technical bid should be in the exact order they are listed out under these eligibility requirements.
4.0 TENDER FEES
A non-refundable tender fee of
N10, 000.00 (Ten thousand Naira only) per Lot is to be paid by each bidder before collection of a Standard Bidding Document. The tender fee should be paid into the TSA account No. 0160099561014 in favour of Federal College of Agriculture, Akure.
5.0 COLLECTION OF BIDDING DOCUMENTS
Standard Bidding Documents and further information about the projects are available for collection from the Office of the Registrar between the working hours of 09.00am and 02.00pm every day at the Federal College of Agriculture, Akure. Evidence of payment of Tender Fee should be submitted along with the financial bid.
6.0 SUBM ISSION OF BIDS
(i) Interested Contractors and suppliers shall submit two (2) hard copies of their Technical bid and one (1) completed financial bid. The Technical Bid and Financial Bid per Lot shall be placed in two different sealed envelopes and each appropriately labelled “Technical Bid” and “Financial Bid” as well as the “Project Name/Title” and “Lot No” on the same side of the envelope. The reverse side of each of these two envelopes containing separately Technical and Financial Bids should be enclosed in a third outer envelope which should be sealed and labelled “Technical and Financial Bid” with the “Project Name/Title” and “Lot No” clearly written on the top Right Hand corner.
(ii) The outer envelope should be addressed to and submitted at:
Administrative Building of the Federal College of Agriculture,
Akure, Ondo State
The reverse side of the outer envelope should also bear the “Bidder’s Name, Address and Telephone Numbers”,
(iii) The sealed bid (containing both the Technical and Financial) should be sent either by person or through courier service provider and deposited in the tender box placed in the Office of the Registrar, Federal College of Agriculture, Akure.
(iv) Closing time for the submission of all bids (Technical and Financial) is 12:00 Noon, on Monday, 14th September, 2020.
(v) Late submission will not be entertained, no matter the circumstance please.
7.0 OPENING OF TECHNICAL BIDS
(i) Opening of Technical bids will commence at 12:00 Noon on Monday, 14th September, 2020 in the International Conference Centre, Federal College of Agriculture, Akure.
(ii) Financial bids of those who are successful in the technical bid evaluation will be opened at a later date to be communicated to them.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by Official authorised by the bidder
- Original documents of the Eligibility criteria of any Bidder may be requested for sighting.
- Bidders can bid for more than one (1) lot.
- Bidders are excused from the bid opening, which will be attended by officials of private sector professional organisation and CSOs in the areas of anti-corruption/transparency. The event will be fully captured on video and can be provided to bidders on request;
- Standard Bidding Documents can also be collected in Soft copies and Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services)
- Only prequalified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at later date for financial bids opening, while the financial bids of unsuccessful bidders will be returned un-opened..
- This Publication is for information purpose only and thus not constitutes an offer by the Federal College of Agriculture Akure with any party for the project, nor thus does it constitute a commitment or obligation on the part of the Federal College of Agriculture, Akure to award the contract to any Contractor or Agent.
- The Federal College of Agriculture Akure will not be responsible for any cost or expenses incurred by any interested company(ies) in connection with any response to this invitation and/or preparation or submission of the documents
- Award of contract will be recommended in favour of the lowest evaluated responsive bids
- Federal College of Agriculture, Akure reserves the right to evoke the provision of Section 28 of Public Procurement Act (PPA) 2007 without incurring liabilities to the bidders.
Federal College of Agriculture,
Akure, Ondo State